[…] a month ago I wrote about what I was using essential oils for – SEE HERE. I’ve since been trying a few more things out so I wanted to update and share with […]
How I’m Using Essential OilsMarch 19, 2020
**Disclaimer: I do not sell Essential Oils, I just use them. If you are interesting in buying some I can direct you to someone just send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or comment on this post.
I was actually introduced to Essential Oils quite a long time ago, years even. I have used them a tad here and there but nothing too serious. However, after following Nesting with Grace’s new account Nesting Well (all about how she uses essential oils) I kinda of felt pushed to really give them a go now.
One of the main reasons I have started to incorporate them more is my kids. For one, Sebastian has terrible reactions to mosquitos and NO over the counter medicine has been able to help when he gets bit. However, a roller of tea tree and lavender oil has had them completely disappear in a matter of two days. More on that roller later …
I use Young Living Oils because that is was I was originally introduced to and so any recipe or blend that I share is using those.
Lets start with what I’m Diffusing:
- Kitchen: I usually use blends incorporating Purification, Citrus and Theives. However I did just use a blend the other day of Eucalyptus, Pine, Orange and Lemon and it was probably the best thing I’ve smelled in a long time!
- Bathroom: Purification is my go to because bathrooms are gross and smell. I currently use a plug in diffuser in my tiny (most used) bathroom.
- Bedroom: In our master bedroom (when I do diffuse it is at night) I use Lavender and Stress Away
- Kids Room: The only oils I’ve ever diffused for them is Sniffle Ease (from YL Kid Scents) when the have a cold or congestion. If you only ever try one oil (and have kids) this is a GAME CHANGER for when they are sick.
As I said, I am just now really getting into these oils again so I have not tried too many different blends but as I do try them I will share!
Another way I am using oils and probably the main way is Rollers. I order Amber Roller Bottles off of Amazon and have created different blends for different purposes and they all are used quite often in our home.
As I mentioned before, Sebastian has quite bad reactions to mostquito bites and if they are anywhere on his face they swell up, bad. Story time .. about 4 days before we were getting family pictures done he got bit right by his eye and his eye swelled shut.
I tried tylenol and benedryl and he was even seen by his doctor who told me just to use the benedryl. After two days there was NO change. I remembered I had used the essential oil roller on him before (mainly to keep him from itching them open) so I figured, why not.
In two days, the roller almost completely healed him.
Rollers I’m Using Now:
- Mosquito Bite Roller: I put on bug bits 2-3 times per day, depending. (3 drops Tea Tree Oil, 3 drops Lavender Oil, fill roller rest of the way with Fractionated Coconut Oil)
- Well Roller: I put on the bottom of our feet before bed. (5 drops Theives, fill rest of the way with Fractionated Coconut Oil)
- Tantrum Roller: I rub on their backs during tantrum while holding them. (3 drops Stress Away, 3 drops Valor fill the rest of the way with Coconut Oil)
- Travel Roller: I put on my wrists and behind my ears when on a plane. (3 drops lemon, 3 drops theives, 3 drops ecualyptus, 3 drops peppermint, fill the rest of the way with Fractionated Coconut Oil)
Please Note: I am using a smaller amount of oils in these because they are going on young children. You can up the amount of drops if just using on adults
Other ways I have been using my oils:
- Wool Dryer Balls: I put a few drops on Lavender on one when I dry towels (good for the skin but we also shower just before bed). I also put a few drops of Purification on one for drying cleaning towels.
- Teething: I put a drop of Copaiba on my finger and rub in around then rub my finger right on the tooth eruption spot and gums. I’ve seen times where this has worked almost instantly for Madeline.
- Taste: I have put a drop of Lemon in my water and my mom has put it in her homemade Kumbucha for taste.
All of the above I have been using for a while now, however there are some things I am looking forward to trying and as I try them out I will share them!
ESSENTIAL OIL TOOLKIT
If you try any of these uses … Tag me! I’d love to see!
Instagram: @jessica.dawn.home | Facebook: Jessica Dawn Home
bug bite roller diffusing oils essential oil roller essential oil uses essential oils oil uses tantrum roller wellness roller