*Disclaimer: I do not sell essential oils, I used them and share what I use them for but for anyone interested in buying them I suggest you go to Nesting Well and sign up with Brooke.
When starting out with oils you will most likely start with oils and a diffuser. As you get more into the use of essential oils, you will find that there are some accessories that go into all the DIY potions you can make. I broke them down into two categories “Beginner” and “Intermediate”.
I don’t have an “Advanced” category because I still consider myself Intermediate. Maybe we’ll update this one day
- Amber Spray Bottles – These are used mostly for cleaners – i.e. Thieves All Purpose Cleaner, Fabric Refresher (Frebreeze Substitute)
- Roller Bottles – These are used for all the different rollers you can make – i.e. Sleepytime Roller, Bug Bite Roller, Stress Roller, etc.
- Wool Dryer Balls – These replace dryer sheets, just put a couple drops of your favorite oil on these and throw them in you dryer.
- Car Diffuser – I hang mine on my review mirror and put a couple drops on the wool ball part.
- Veggie Capsules – for when you get into “ingesting” oils these make it easier and less messy. (PLEASE RESEARCH ANY OIL BEFORE YOU INGEST THEM. NOT ALL OILS ARE CREATED EQUAL)
- Sticker Labels – for when you just have too many oils and you have a hard time finding the one you want
- Oil Droppers – for when you want to make serums and diffuser bombs – these usually take large amounts of oils to make
Along with accessories for all your oil concoctions you’ll need some carrier oils and mix ins. I’ve listed below for you the most used.
Carrier Oils & Mix Ins
- Fractionated Coconut Oil – A carrier oil – I use this for all my rollers (that are not being applied to my face)
- Jojoba Oil – A carrier oil – I use this for any beauty related mixture (glow serum). This oil is known for not clogging pores.
- Witch Hazel – used in room and linen sprays as it is a natural antiseptic.
- Castile Soap – used in DIY soaps and cleaners – it is a natural cleaning base
- Baking Soda – used in many cleaner recipes
- Epsom Salt – used in baths and bath bombs
Ultimately the majority of your oil use will be through diffusers so here are a couple that I have as well as some others that I have found!