My first official participation in the One Room Challenge has come to a conclusion. My office is complete … for now. They funny thing was, when I first learned about this challenge from my friend Jessica at Instagrahamhome I thought (we both thought) oh man, eight weeks is so long! Well guess what, it wasn’t long enough. The things we learn along the way I guess.
I learned that next time around I need to have a better plan in place and perhaps even a timeline – as much of a timeline as my little ones will let me have. I believe there is another One Room Challenge in the fall (when kids are in school – hopefully).
Regardless of all that I had so much fun doing this, I really do love my space and look forward to waking up early to come work in it for a while (before those children I mentioned wake up). I’m going to go ahead a link the blog posts to all eight weeks below:
As a quick synopsis – and then I will share all the pictures, because I know that is what you are here for.
- Ripped out carpet and painted the subfloor black
- Created slatted wall that is half pink half natural wood with a natural wood shelf
- Painted all other walls white
- Painted bookshelf a golden rod color
- Created a slatted wall frame with Buffalo Map
- DIY’d Leather Drawer Pulls
- Hung curtains, new area rug, styled bookshelves, used crib mattress frame for mood board
Thank you so much for all the love along the way during this project! Till the next challenge check out all the other participants work HERE